Monday 14 February 2011

Victoria Beckham

Fall 2011, NYFW.




Victoria Beckham’s past collections were never anything special to me; they never really attracted my attention nor did I work out how they could fit in my imaginary wardrobe. This season however, I’m really drawn in; the loose fitting dresses and the mini dresses are a real change to the signature fitted dresses which are still present but in an array of colours including a bright sunshine yellow, tangerine and royal blue. More traditional colours such as black, beiges and a gorgeous deep wine shade were also present.

The tailoring in the collection is still beautiful and kept in tone with her signature sign both in her collections and herself. I wonder which pieces of the collection she will wear, despite being finished before she announced her fourth pregnancy many of the pieces would be perfect as her bump grows, including a deep v neck sack like mini dress which, with legs like hers, she’d look amazing in.

A few of the outfits were adorned a snake skin like print including an ankle grazing gown with a fitted waist and pleated skirt, this dress is sure to make an appearance on red carpets to come. My favourite piece in the collection is a stunning trench coat, belted at the waist and cut above the knees, it’s a shame I have to stick to my Zara trench rather than own this one.

The first model’s body was completely covered expect for her face and hands, did the inspiration for this come from traditional Islamic fashions? The rest of the models wore tight swimming like caps covering their hair and makeup kept very plain, not what I’d expect from the most glamorous member of the Spice Girls but Victoria shows she has a true talent and does more than shine as Mrs Beckham.

Images from Style.com Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...